Day 1 & 2 Restorative Approaches Training
An introduction to Restorative Approaches & Restorative conversations and core listening skills. Day 1 & 2 are two separate courses but are often delivered immediately after one and other. .
To provide an overview of the core restorative mindset, principles and model key practices. To introduce and practice the restorative language and questions and consider how to embed best restorative practices in educational and family contexts.
Participants gain knowledge and practice skills in:
- Restorative principles and circle practices
- Needs, strengths and values based restorative working
- Restorative language and framework
- Active listening skills
- Self-reflection tools and self and group care
The training includes live facilitation by our trainers; use of
- PowerPoint and visual practical resources uploaded;
- whole group and break out room work
- discussion, self and peer reflection activities
- The end of each session includes open Q & A for specific contexts and opportunities for one to one queries.
We try to accommodate all learning styles, personalities and abilities, with regular breaks and reflection time. We combine diverse activities to ensure input content is manageable and can be processed well. Our online training is highly participative and fun and can include stepped IT coaching where needed and appropriate in how to the fully use the interactive tools within each IT platform.
We use multi modal approaches to accommodate different learning preferences and ensuring accessibility during sessions. This includes:
- live trainer facilitation and coaching support
- uploaded reading materials and videos
- self and peer reflection tasks
- individual and small and whole group work.
Where and when
Online using our Zoom professional platform or Microsoft Teams.