Developing a whole school peer mentoring service
Whole school peer mentoring service and support programme with children aged 8-11 and 11-18.
To train key adults and future mentors in the management and operation of a sustainable whole school peer mentoring programme to national NCVO standard with a full programme and resources.
Participants gain knowledge and practice skills in:
- Managing set up and operational overview of a sustainable peer mentoring programme
- Issues to consider for mentors and mentees across a safe service
- Recruitment and training of mentors following an approved programme
- Ensuring supervision and safeguarding and best practice systems to support the mentoring relationship
- Monitoring and measuring impact
The training includes live facilitation by our Trainers and include:
- use of PowerPoint and visual practical resources uploaded
- whole group and break out room work and discussion, self and peer reflection activities.
- The end of each session includes open Q & A for specific contexts and opportunities for one to one queries.
- We try to accommodate all learning styles, personalities and abilities, with regular breaks and reflection time.
- We combine diverse activities to ensure input content is manageable and can be processed well.
- Our online training is highly participative and fun and can include stepped IT coaching where needed and appropriate in how to use the fully use the interactive tools within each IT platform.
- We assess learning is embedded during the session by using key questions for individuals, small and large group discussion, with written and spoken feedback.
We are sensitive to the range of IT confidence levels in a group and include a 15 minute early check in to coach and troubleshoot. Learners become more digitally confident during the course to enable active engagement online in the future.
Sessions are 6 x 2.5 hour with an additional 1 day support for before & after training.
Please contact us for course prices
Where and when
On demand via Zoom or Microsoft Teams