Restorative approaches with families for schools-based staff
This course will provide an understanding of restorative principles and key best practice skills when working with families in an educational context.
Online training course exploring restorative approaches with families. This course is aimed at school-based staff.
Participants gain knowledge and practice skills in
- Core restorative principles and core beliefs
- Circle practice
- Needs and values based restorative working
- Restorative language and framework
- Alignment with best practice in ACE aware and trauma informed working, and Rights Respecting schools and the UNCRC Charter
- Reflective practice
- Restorative questions framework (enquiry)
- Restorative language and listening skills
- Introduction to Best Practice Guidance, the Restorative Justice Council, and National Standards as benchmarks of quality
- Alignment with Successful Futures core purposes and linked areas of learning and experience
The training includes live facilitation by our Trainers and include:
- use of PowerPoint and visual practical resources uploaded
- whole group and break out room work and discussion, self and peer reflection activities.
- The end of each session includes open Q & A for specific contexts and opportunities for one to one queries.
- We try to accommodate all learning styles, personalities and abilities, with regular breaks and reflection time.
- We combine diverse activities to ensure input content is manageable and can be processed well.
- Our online training is highly participative and fun and can include stepped IT coaching where needed and appropriate in how to use the fully use the interactive tools within each IT platform.
- We assess learning is embedded during the session by using key questions for individuals, small and large group discussion, with written and spoken feedback.
We are sensitive to the range of IT confidence levels in a group and include a 15 minute early check in to coach and troubleshoot. Learners become more digitally confident during the course to enable active engagement online in the future.
Cost for whole group of 12 participants: £2,280
Where and when
Online using our Zoom professional platform or Microsoft Teams.